Earning Your Living
From Your Art
don’t just dream about it. make it happen.
A 1 Day Seminar
Summary: Earning your living from your art is for many people no more than an aspiration, a dream that is achieved by very few. The reason for this is quite simple. To earn a living from your art work you must sell or make money from it. In order to do this you must first understand your market, who you are hoping to sell to, how you plan to reach them. You must understand how to market your work and yourself. You must realise that you are in fact setting up a business. And for it to succeed you need a clear set of goals and a solid business plan. Not exactly what they taught you at art college?
My new 1 day seminar Earning Your Living From Your Art in 2013 takes a detailed look at the Irish art market and marketplace and how it has changed over the last 5 years. We will look at the framework I use to develop and manage my art business. And by drawing on my own personal experience illustrate how it is still possible to create a financially successful full-time career and business as a visual artist .
Topics covered in during the course of the seminar include:
- Understanding the art market and finding your place in it
- Art Fairs and Galleries – the twin foundations
- Maximising your online presence: Websites, Blogs, Social Media
- Extending the potential of your work: Giclee Prints, Licnesing, Cards
- Creating a basic business plan
- Developing a 12 month income and expenditure cashflow plan
Contact Padraig at:
ph: 086 8801733